3.29.2011

back in the game.

I gave up on blogging for a minute, mostly because my life is consumed by work and pretty much nothing else but also because people are creepy. That said, I've decided to return, mostly because my friend Krissy has been blogging and it has inspired me. 


Really though, my life is my job. Sunday night I worked until 11 pm and then went back Monday from 7am to 11pm. Today I feel as though I've been hit by a bus. The good news is, all my hard work has paid off and I'm getting a promotion! I'm now going to be a shift lead  and have a SALARY! Isn't that such a grown up word? I've only received a promotion once in the past and that was from salad bar attendant to cashier back in the days of Sizzler (eww gross), I have to say this promotion feels WAY better!


For a really long time I have wanted to work with "troubled" teens... ever since I was a troubled teen. Now that I do, I sometimes wonder what the hell I was thinking but for the most part, I love my job. Most days at work are hard. The girls lie, cheat, steal etc. and sometimes I get called a "F*$@%ing B!&$*" in front of a room full of people. Other days, these girls overwhelm me with pride. They are loving, caring, smart, hardworking etc. I really truly see the difference this program is making in their lives and the strides they are taking to become better people and it makes all the other hard days totally worth it. 


I'm switching houses next week, for the second time, and even though this time it was my choice, its still going to be really hard. I get a little choked up just thinking about it. Thats the name of the game though, eventually I have to say goodbye to all of the girls and send them on their way just hoping that have learned one positive thing from me. 


Aside from work, I do get out and play from time to time. This last weekend I went to the Salty City and spent some time with some of the people I love most. I really LOVE salt lake and I want to live there SO bad but I don't want to be away from my family and miss out on all the little things and I love my job. For the time being, I'm going to stay in Logan, save as much money as possible and study for the GRE. As great as it will be to have a salary, the dollar amount of that salary made me realize that if I ever want to make enough money to fully support myself, I'm going to have to get my Masters. Yay School! 


Back to the people I love that live in that great big city. I got to see my SUU boys. Mikey, Bryce and Curtis (the only one missing was Brett). I love their faces and their silliness. They are probably the best influences I have ever had in my life and they helped me survive Cedar City. Now I just have to convince all of them to stay single forever because we all know that wives never let their husbands be friends with chicks. Lame. 


I also  got to see my sweet little Krissy pie. Krissy and I hung out from time to time in high school. We didn't go to the same high school and we're not exactly sure how we met so our friendship must be fate. She has always been a good friend to me and I'm so glad we've stayed in touch!


Another awesome aspect of my life is mis sobrinos <3. I have 4 nieces and 2 nephews and let me tell you, I never knew how much I could love another human being until these little buggers came along. On that same note, I love my sisters a lot more for having babies. Maybe I'd like my brother too if he'd bring some children into this world? haha. I've been the luckiest girl in the world over the last month because all the little stinks have come to visit their favorite auntie and even though they wake me up before noon, I still love them. 


We all know that the only reason anyone looks at a blog is to see the pictures so here are the little nuggets. From left to right: Dylan, Samantha, Kaleb, Kadence, Jenna, Emily. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!
    This makes me so happy.
    and really can there possibly be a cuter picture than the kiddos with mustaches??? I am in love with it.

    You are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete